WASHINGTONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT RECRUITMENT INFORMATION:
FIREFIGHTEr AGE 18+
A Firefighter in the Washingtonville Fire Department is a member who is 18 years of age or older and has graduated high school. There are no time restrictions of when you can be at the firehouse, respond to calls, and attend weekly training (every Tuesday at 7:30PM). When you join the Washingtonville Fire Department as a Firefighter you will have to complete a 6 month probationary period. During this time you are required to meet a certain quota of Calls, Trainings, and company meetings (First Tuesday every month). Within the rank of Firefighter there are two categories:
● Interior Firefighter: An interior qualified firefighter has successfully completed and passed the required courses and training through the county training center. Additionally, an interior firefighter has completed all in house training and certifications. An interior firefighter is allowed to enter a structure during calls and be in the IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to life and health) zones.
● Exterior Firefighter: An exterior firefighter is a member who has not yet completed the required certifications to become an interior firefighter. An exterior firefighter is prohibited to enter a structure or be in the IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to life and health) when on incidents. Though they cannot enter a structure or be in the IDLH, they will have vital roles on the fireground and are always a huge help.
THE WASHINGTONVILLE FIRE DEPARTMENT IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS WE ARE STAFFED 100% OF THE TIME BY DEDICATED VOLUNTEERS. HERE ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER:
‣ BE PART OF A DEPARTMENT WHICH OFFERS A FRIENDLY AND FAMILY LIKE ENVIRONMENT
‣ FREE TRAINING AT LOCAL FIRE TRAINING CENTERS
‣ LEARN IN HOUSE FROM HIGHLY EXPERIENCED OFFICERS AND MEMBERS
‣ WE HAVE MODERN AND WELL MAINTAINED EQUIPMENT
‣ USE OF A WEIGHT ROOM AND EXERCISE AREA
‣ A FEELING OF ACCOMPLISHMENT WHILE HELPING THE COMMUNITY
IF YOU THINK YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN STOP BY THE STATION ON TUESDAY EVENINGS AFTER 7:30PM OR CALL 845-496-8591 AND LEAVE YOUR INFORMATION